How to apply for a donation:
1. The Korum for Kids Foundation is administered by the Korum for Kids Foundation Committee. Proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis and grants are awarded throughout the year. There is no calendar deadline for applications.
2. All information should be clear and concise. Brevity is appreciated and elaborate presentations are discouraged. Please limit your application to one or two pages.
3. Please submit an original and two copies of the application and any attachments.
4. The Foundation Committee may determine that additional information is needed.
5. The Foundation Committee may request a visit with a representative at the applicant's organization.
6. In the event of an emergency, application criteria may be waived by the Foundation Committee.
7. Please include 501 non-profit number information on application. All applications without this designation will automatically be declined.
Please submit an application by mail,
Korum For Kids Foundation
100 River Road
Puyallup, Washington 98371-4161
1. Applications are considered only from organizations that qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Service code and are not private foundations as defined in that code.
2. Donations ordinarily are made to benefit youths who are high school age or younger.
3. Applications are considered from qualified institutions engaged in charitable, cultural, health and human services, educational and recreational work.
4. Donations will be awarded primarily to organizations located in and benefiting residents in Pierce and South King County.
5. Donations to national organizations conducting local fund drives will be made only for specific programs within Pierce and South King County or within Washington state.
6. Generally, commitments are made for donations that encourage community involvement and are joined with matching funds, public, private or both sources.
7. Generally, only one contribution will be made per year to an organization.